Saturday 1 December 2012

RIP: Dog of War

I picked up the latest edition of the Superbike mag in the shops the other day.
The main feature for December is the battle royale for the best bike of 2012.
The middle of page 30 reads: "The GS is like a big daft Labrador. It doesn't care where it is, it's just happy to be out in the fresh air."

After reading this I decided that "my" GS is no Labrador.... so I named her Dog of War
Ha Ha..... Nothing was going to get in the way of Dog of War.

To my surprise changing the name of something apparently doesn't change its nature...... (sound familiar to any other married men??? )

So being new to the whole adventure scene I am still enjoying this a lot. The previous owner of my GS did 1579km in two years, I have done 1300km in the 8 days that I have had the scooter. This translates into "looking" for stuff to ride through and over etc......

With this in mind, look at Dog of War below. I was travelling in the opposite direction that the bike is now facing. Riding on a dry patch of road and then deciding to move over to the slightly muddy part (because I am now an explorer and conqueror of worlds) was not the best idea I have had.




I had time to take a quick snap with the cell before I saw a family with a caravan behind their car approaching. In one manly expression of raw power (please read as: tried to pick the fat bike up three times) I righted the GS in time to wave the vacationers on their way.

This was the end of Dog of War, welcome back my daft Labrador

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to get a GS for myself but I would prefer one that stay upright!

    ReplyDelete